Connect Xbox One to PC monitor with HDMI for a beginner Guide. The Xbox One is one of our favorite innovations of all time. We still remember how fascinated we were when Microsoft launched it, ready to give PlayStation a chance for its money. And, boy, he did it! There was fierce competition around the world between the two-game consoles, and both fared extremely well. Some people loved the PS4 while others wanted the Xbox One at any cost!
How to connect Xbox One to a PC monitor using HDMI?
As you are reading this, we are assuming you are an Xbox fan. Well, congratulations! Now, once you have configured and used it, we are sure that you will wonder how you can connect it to your PC monitor After all, who doesn’t want to use their gadgets in the best way possible? In this article, we will guide you through all the steps to help you determine the best way to connect your game console to your PC with nothing more than an HDMI. Let us begin!
- Monitors usually have an HDMI port. Locate it
- Remove the HDMI cable It came with your Xbox One and connects to the PC monitor. Of course, the other end has to go to your console.
- The monitor should be able to start working without problems, but sometimes, it may not. This happens when the screen settings or resolution, in particular, are not favorable.
- If this happens, you should take the help of your TV.
- Unplug the Xbox One from your PC and connect it to the Monitor or LED. This will give you access to the Settings. This will not be possible with the PC because the screen will be blank when the settings are not correct.
- Find the settings and start adjusting. We suggest you choose 720i (if it is in 720p) and then change it to your monitor. It should work now. If not, repeat the same steps and change the resolution. Something else may work. You may have to make some attempts to get there, but it is only an exercise that is done only once. Once you find the correct resolution, you can connect the game console to your PC monitor without problems since then.
An additional tip to connect Xbox One to PC monitor using HDMI
If you cannot find the settings on the TV, follow the steps below:
Press the Xbox logo on the controller. This will open the guide.
On the right, you will see the Settings option.
Select it and choose All settings.
Here, choose Screen and sound. You will find this in the list on the left.
Look through the Video Output menu to change the resolution.
Actually, it is very easy to connect an Xbox One to a PC monitor. It only takes some time and knowledge about the console to find a solution. The aforementioned process is the easiest and the most reliable. But, there may be times when this process fails, and no matter what you do, the connection fails.
During these times, it is better to contact Microsoft and have them solve it for you. This will take less time and effort, especially when compared to the headache you will experience when trying to discover what is wrong.
How do I get sound to play through my monitor on my Xbox?
You can change the same settings if your monitor has speakers. Otherwise, you will need an external monitor capable of playing sound on your Xbox.
Video Guide Xbox One to PC Monitor with HDMI
Let us know through Comments if our solution worked for you. Also, if you have an alternative and easy method, we would love to hear it. Please let us know by commenting below.